The other day I was cleaning out some clothes in MJ and Elijah's closet, and MJ was playing with her babies. I hear:
MJ: My baby name is Navor.
Mommy: Navor?
MJ: (an emphatic "yes you got it" head shake)
Mommy: Navor?
MJ: (another emphatic "yes you got it" head shake)
Mommy: (thinking to self--Navor? Navor? Ooooh--Neighbor!) Neighbor?
MJ: Yes, Navor!
So a couple of days prior to this MJ had been looking out the window watching our neighbor cut grass. She asked me who it was, and I told her the lady was our neighbor. So one of her babies finally has a name :)
Here are a few more current sayings of my little munchkin:
*"buth...buth" (but...but) {usually when I tell her to do something}
*"Why? Why not?" (as she holds her palms upwards) {usually when I tell her no to something}
*then sometimes she'll answer the question herself, "cause Mommy (or Daddy) say so" :)
*to Elijah: "I know, buddy; I know--it's ok."
*"What my wa?" (as she pats her chest) {What can I watch?}
*"I can't" ( or sometimes, "He can't," when I tell her Eric's at work) {usually when I tell her to pick up her toys}
*If Eric leaves before she wakes up: (very angrily and sad and whining) "Where my Daddy go?" (She does NOT like it when he leaves w/o getting to hug on him and bother him while he gets ready :) )
*when I tell her it's time to take a nap or go to the potty before we leave the house: "I awready went to potty," or "I awready took nappy."
*"PEASE...PEASE" (usually very loud and emphatically when I've told her no to something)
*"I haf be carefuw." (when she falls or almost falls)
I'd also bought a brand new pack of Extra gum and had put it on the table--only one or two pieces had been chewed. MJ had apparently been in the dining room playing, so when I walked in I see her with the top of the pack of gum in her mouth chewing it--yes, paper and all--ALL the pieces at one time! Well, Eric thought it was still good enough for him to chew the rest of all the pieces and took the pack with him, so I missed the picture of it :)
Oh yes--and our entertainment center serves as MJ's microwave. We have a glass door on the left-hand-side with 4 shelves. She'll put her "food" (or frogs) on one of the shelves, close the door, and count--1, 2, 3, 4, 5, BEEP! :)
And there's no way we can allow Elijah to get our toys while we're going to the potty :) So the toys go into the bathroom with her. She started out putting them on the stool or floor, but he'd crawl in and start grabbing at them. So today she started putting them on top of the diaper pail lid :)

No comments:
Post a Comment