Most times when I am putting a new diaper on Elijah after having pottied him, I'll tell him to give me high five if he actually did something for me on the potty. I'd hold up his hand and clap it to mine, and he would laugh and think it was such fun. Well, the other day he started fussing/screaming as if to get my attention, and I noticed he was holding his hand up like he was wanting me to give him a high five! Surely not, I thought. But he knows! I've tested him time and again, and he really does know!
He has also already figured out how to sit himself down after pulling up on something. To me this is quite an accomplishment b/c Mikaela took FOREVER to figure that one out :) In fact, he's figured it out so well that this morning I was trying to coax him into walking the couch with a spoon that he wanted. He tried moving his feet a couple of times but couldn't quite figure out how to maneuver them. "Oh yeah," he thought, "I don't have to walk. I'll just get down, crawl a little bit and pull myself back up at the spot where the spoon is." Smart boy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment