Saturday, February 9, 2008

Sick Baby

Up to this point, we've been very fortunate to have very healthy babies, with Mikaela having only one real illness and Elijah no illnesses so far. Just a few days ago, Mikaela was happy and running around and kicking the ball. Then, early Wednesday morning she woke up with a fever that was almost 105*!! So we gave her some medicine, and within an hour it went down to 101*, so I wasn't too worried about it. She hovered between 101* and 103* throughout the day, and then Wednesday night got back up to 105*! There were no other symptoms, but when you see 105*, it's kind of scary! So I got in the bathtub with her, and we stayed there for 20 minutes or so until her fever started coming down. Fortunately, it came down to 103* and then to 101*. Mikaela and I slept on the couches so I could check her temp throughout the night. She still had no other symptoms, so we debated on whether or not to take her to the doctor. After talking to the nurse, we decided to hold off on going to the doctor. From then on, she did fine--still with a low-grade fever but nothing major. Yesterday and today, the fever appears to be gone, and there's no rash or anything, so hopefully she's ok. She was back to changing clothes and getting into things yesterday, so I think she's bouncing back :) One of the hardest things has been keeping her from touching Elijah! She wants to touch his hands and pet on him so bad :) So far, he hasn't exhibited any fever or "sick" symptoms! We are so thankful for all the prayers and are so grateful to the Lord for keeping His hand on our little princess!

No comments: