Saturday, February 9, 2008

Little Man!

Our precious little man is getting so big! He's really starting to spoil this mama :) I think he has FINALLY reached his long-sleep stage!!! Early last week, I broke him from taking a feeding in the middle of the night (I thought we'd already gotten to that point, but we kept teetering back and forth--it's so easy to break down and feed them, even when you know they're not really hungry!)--that was a LONG 3 nights :) But now, for the past 4 or 5 days he's slept from about 8:30p-7:30a! Actually, I think I've heard him wake up and talk and play for a little while before drifting back to peaceful sleep :) I haven't gotten to completely enjoy it yet, with Mikaela being sick, but I'm looking forward to some blissful nights! (Maybe I can cut out my midday nap :) )

Also, he's really spoiling me with the potty! I haven't had to clean out a poopy diaper in at least a week now! He's been doing all his poopies (2-3 per day) in the potty!!!! He'll also pee quite often for me on the potty, but there are just way too many of those to catch them all. I have figured out though that if I just hold him over the sink and turn the water on, he'll pee almost every time if there's anything that needs to come out! Just use cloth diapers--you'll be super motivated and excited to have your baby go in the potty (or in the sink) too! :) Yes--I feel like I spend half my life in the bathroom, but that's ok :) This is where the Lord has me right now--I'm supposed to be trying to figure out these little munchkins! :) I know it's inevitable, but that next diaper of his that I have to clean out is going to be extremely painful :) I think I now use more diapers to clean up his spit up than I do for his bottom!

Here he is sitting up--he's really gaining more and more balance! And he's still trying so hard to get up on his knees and feet to try to crawl!

No comments: