Monday, February 25, 2008

Fun With Friends

Last weekend, Aunt Kelli and Uncle David came to visit us. On Friday, I told Mikaela that Aunt Kelli was coming to see us--AND Uncle David. She got really excited when I told her about Kelli coming, but as soon as I said David, her countenance changed to sadness immediately! She said, "I don't want see Unc Dafid." We went on about our day, and a little later, she walked into the room with her head down saying, "Mommy, I don't want see Unc Dafid." :) I told her he was coming anyway and that she better be nice to him.
Well, when they got here she clung to me for a few seconds before Kelli pulled her off of me and started playing with her. Before we knew it, she was sitting her baby dolls on David's legs and playing with him. For the rest of the weekend, she was all about playing with Aunt Kelli and Unc Dafid--she even wanted to go home with them! She was being so sad and pitiful about them leaving that we let her get in the car with them and told her bye. They made it to the end of the driveway before David figured our idea was backfiring on us :)
Anyway, we had a lot of fun. On Saturday, we went to visit our friends Vicky and Robert and Vicky's mom. I forgot to take my camera!! Then we went to Katy Mills Mall and had to drive home in some really horrible weather! At the mall, Kelli asked Mikaela if she wanted to ride the carousel. Mikaela wasn't real thrilled with the idea. I was so sad I didn't have my camera with me. Then Eric reminded me that I probably had my point-and-shoot in my purse--oh yeah! The problem with that is it's like watching a movie after reading the book--so disappointing! Oh well :)

No comments: