Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Honey Do's

Sorry for no Christmas pics yet--I do have some, but our laptop is out of commission right now, so I don't have access to any of those pics :( But as soon as I can recover them, I'll be sure to post them :)

Well, Eric has had a week and a half off of work now. It's kind of sad that he has to go back tomorrow :( We've really enjoyed having him home with us. He got to do lots of stuff around the house that we've been needing to get done, so Mommy thought that was great! One of the most tedious projects was to re-do some of the letters in the kids' room. Back in August we had central air and heat installed in our house. Well, the kitchen is an add-on room, so there is no attic over it. Thus, they had to cut a hole in the corner of MJ and EM's bedroom and put in a 90 degree duct so we could have a vent in the kitchen. Then we had the duct framed and sheetrocked. Well, it just so happened that all of that stuff was going to cut into 3 of the letters that took me so much time to paint. So the guys were very nice and did a great job cutting out the sheetrock with each of my three letters! So here's what we did:

Here's the corner with the duct that was framed and sheetrocked. I painted it and re-stamped some of the firefly/ladybug border. Also, see the bugs that I stamped under the box? :)


We found some empty wall space for the three letters. Eric traced them and then cut out the sheetrock in the wall for each of the letters. Sheetrock is some of the messiest stuff ever--it gets everywhere!!
Then Eric used Liquid Nails to glue the letters into their respective holes. This was all one day's work. We were pooped, and, obviously, so was Mikaela :)

Yesterday, we finished everything up. Eric made the frames, and I painted them. Then Eric put up the frames, and I did all the touch-up painting around them. I think it would have taken me just as long to redraw and paint the three letters, but I just didn't have it in me! I think it's a nice touch the way it is now :)

1 comment:

The Bayse Family said...

Ya'll did a really good job. I like the stamps on the bottom of that corner.