Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Counting & Animals

I decided to start teaching Mikaela some German and Spanish. She is really surprising me by catching on to the languages fairly easily. She seems to be doing better with the German right now. I think it's just easier for her to pronounce--the whole rolling your r's thing just isn't happening with the Spanish words :) But she is learning the Spanish words too--she just can't pronounce most of them correctly :) So far, she can count to 10 by herself in both languages (she can almost count to 20 by herself in English), and we have been learning some animals. It's kind of funny b/c the other day we were watching something where 2 kittens were stuck in a tree and she said, "Mommy, dos kitty cats!" I've also caught her counting her puppy dogs and babies that she has with her :)

Below is her counting to 10--I have to give her the first number so she knows what language we're in :) The second one is her telling me the names of the animals on one of her puzzles. The biggest problem with all the things she learns is that Eric is usually at work when she does them. And then when he is around, she gets embarrassed and won't do them, so I have to record her! Oh well--I guess this will help me to keep records of her milestones, and ya'll can see too :)




1 comment:

Melissa said...

I seriously need to teach her some Russian! That's fantastic!