Monday, October 8, 2007

Wet Groceries & Bad Service!

Overall, we had a pretty uneventful weekend. I did, however, manage to make it to Wal-Mart on Saturday. Getting into the store is a challenge in itself! I usually get Elijah out first so I can get him in the Moby without having Mikaela running in the parking lot. Then I grab the backpack so I can get both straps around my shoulders. Well, on this particular outing (as with many others), Mikaela managed to drop her cup so that it rolled under my seat. I get Mikaela out of her carseat and tell her to "stay right there" while I try to reach her cup. That seems to be easier thought than done. With Elijah strapped on my front, the backpack on my back and watching Mikaela out of my peripheral vision, trying to reach under my seat in the tiny space between Mikaela's carseat and the back of my seat turns out to be quite a task--and oh yeah, don't forget to grab the cover that goes in the seat of the grocery cart for Mikaela to sit in! Needless to say, it was sunny and muggy, and I had worked up a pretty good sweat before I ever walked into the store! So I get all the shopping done and end up with two sleeping babies by the time I'm done, and as I'm walking out, I see a guy wearing a wet raincoat--yes, it had decided to start raining! As I get to the doors, I'm debating back and forth with myself as to whether or not I should make a mad dash to the car. Ok--it wasn't raining that bad, so here we go! I manage to get Mikaela into her carseat--not strapped in yet, and by the time I get to the other side of the car it starts pouring! As I put a couple of things into the car, poor Elijah kept geting drops of rain on his hair and face until I finally wiggled him out of the Moby and into his carseat--strapped in. Then I finally made it to loading my wet groceries into the front seat--yes I bought sugar and chips in a brown bag--mix those with water, and what do you get? By the time I got in the car, I was sopping wet! At home, when I got Mikaela out of the carseat, I find I never did stap her in, and the poor thing had to semi strap herslef in--she managed to get the top part connected together--with the straps under her armpits :) Fortunately Eric was home, and he helped me take in the groceries :)

Later on, we decided to go to B.J.'s for some of our favorite pizza and a pizookie. Normally when we go there we're in and out in no time flat--not this day! I don't know if our waitress just didn't like us or if she was new, but 40 minutes after finally being seated and ordering, we still didn't have our pizza! A manager finally arrives with a pizza, and without us saying anything, apologizes for it taking so long and informs us that we get to have dessert on the house--yes! As we start eating our pizza, we notice that it has all the right ingredients but in the wrong order! Now we're really getting kind of peeved. Ten minutes later, another manager shows up with our "correct" pizza and tells us she'll just have it boxed up for us. Thus, about 2.5 hours after arriving, we finally make it out of B.J.'s with a free pizza and pizookie! I guess we can't really complain about that :)

No comments: