Well, Elijah has been keeping up his trend of sleeping through the night! At around the 7 or 8-hour mark he sometimes wakes up, so I go and offer him his pacifier to see if he's really hungry or not. If he's not really hungry, he takes it and sleeps another hour or two. If he is hungry, he's gives me the most pitiful cry when he sees me start to leave :) All in all though, he's going from 8-10 hours!!! Also, Mikaela slept the entire night in her room last night!
So about an hour and a half after I fed Elijah this morning (a little after 9 am!!), I woke up hearing what I thought was Mikaela talking to Elijah in his bed! I jumped out of bed b/c I'm still worried as to what she might try when alone with him, and I found her sitting on her potty in the living room reading her "Princess" book to herself :) She had gotten up, taken off her pants and diaper, grabbed her book and sat on the potty all by herself :) I think she woke herself up b/c she had actually started going potty in her diaper (the evidence was still sitting there in the diaper), but she made herself get up and finish in the potty!!
Then she decided she wanted to have the animal crackers that I'd left on the desk, so I gave her a couple and told her not to ask me for any more (yeah right!). This time I left them on the bathroom counter. As I was making my bed, I heard her leave the living room (she walks really hard), so I called her b/c I thought she was going to her room and would wake Elijah up. She came back into the living room with the stool and said "Sool." I asked her what she needed with the stool, and she took it into the bathroom so she could get the cookies off the bathroom counter (she knows she's not supposed to climb up on the drawers :) ). Then she looked at me with her big smile that says, "You're not really mad at me, and you're going to let me have some more cookies even though you already said not to ask for any more," and kept it up until she could tell if I was really mad or if I was going to let her get away with it. Well, she definitely knows how to work me--I have a really hard time with that stinkin' cute smile she gives me. Usually I have to fight myself not to smile back at her and give in, but it was too early today, and I just couldn't do it--I broke down laughing, which made her start laughing too, and she knew she had her way! She brought me the bag and said, "Me hep (help me)," and handed me the bag to open for her. Needless to say, she got some more cookies :)
So about an hour and a half after I fed Elijah this morning (a little after 9 am!!), I woke up hearing what I thought was Mikaela talking to Elijah in his bed! I jumped out of bed b/c I'm still worried as to what she might try when alone with him, and I found her sitting on her potty in the living room reading her "Princess" book to herself :) She had gotten up, taken off her pants and diaper, grabbed her book and sat on the potty all by herself :) I think she woke herself up b/c she had actually started going potty in her diaper (the evidence was still sitting there in the diaper), but she made herself get up and finish in the potty!!
Then she decided she wanted to have the animal crackers that I'd left on the desk, so I gave her a couple and told her not to ask me for any more (yeah right!). This time I left them on the bathroom counter. As I was making my bed, I heard her leave the living room (she walks really hard), so I called her b/c I thought she was going to her room and would wake Elijah up. She came back into the living room with the stool and said "Sool." I asked her what she needed with the stool, and she took it into the bathroom so she could get the cookies off the bathroom counter (she knows she's not supposed to climb up on the drawers :) ). Then she looked at me with her big smile that says, "You're not really mad at me, and you're going to let me have some more cookies even though you already said not to ask for any more," and kept it up until she could tell if I was really mad or if I was going to let her get away with it. Well, she definitely knows how to work me--I have a really hard time with that stinkin' cute smile she gives me. Usually I have to fight myself not to smile back at her and give in, but it was too early today, and I just couldn't do it--I broke down laughing, which made her start laughing too, and she knew she had her way! She brought me the bag and said, "Me hep (help me)," and handed me the bag to open for her. Needless to say, she got some more cookies :)
No comments:
Post a Comment