Well, I've been sort of "foggy" the past couple of days b/c the past few nights have been rather sleepless. Around 3 am Monday morning I woke up to, "Uhu, uhu, uhu (Mikaela half crying, half whining)--I nee chay (I need to be changed)." So I got up to see what the problem was. I figured she had just peed through her diaper again. Well, when I went to pick her up, she was sopping wet, and there was no diaper! Looking back, I thought I had heard her doing something before she went to sleep, but when I went into her room she laid back down in her bed really fast, so I just let it go. It turns out that our little sweetie-cakes decided she didn't want to wear her diaper, so she took it off and put it up on the changing table! The little mat on the floor next to her bed was sopping wet, but at least her bed was dry :) Thus she has started a trend of saying that her diaper hurts when we put it on her, and she looks pitiful enough that we've been letting her go to bed without one. I've been trying to tell her if she has to go, to get up and go in her potty which we've been putting in her room. That hasn't really worked out though--Tuesday morning she woke up at 1 am saying, "I go potty pease (which translates into, 'I WENT potty in my pants.')." That time her bed was soaked. And at 11 pm last night, she had already gone in her pants and soaked her bed again! The good thing is that she's only wetting once. After that, she's been fine until she wakes up. The bad thing is that I've had to wash her bedclothes for 2 days in a row now. So I think she may be getting a diaper tonight!!
Then, poor little Elijah had 2 nights of restless sleeping--on top of me already having dealt with Mikaela! I think one of the nights he may have just been cold--it's gotten down into the 40's and 50's the past few nights. So last night I bundled him up real good and even put a night cap on him; we bumped the heater up slightly, and he did much better :) So, I do feel a little more rested today, but it's ok if I don't sleep at night, b/c as Eric reminds me, I'm the one who gets to take naps ALL day :)
Then, poor little Elijah had 2 nights of restless sleeping--on top of me already having dealt with Mikaela! I think one of the nights he may have just been cold--it's gotten down into the 40's and 50's the past few nights. So last night I bundled him up real good and even put a night cap on him; we bumped the heater up slightly, and he did much better :) So, I do feel a little more rested today, but it's ok if I don't sleep at night, b/c as Eric reminds me, I'm the one who gets to take naps ALL day :)
looks pretty different w/o his spiky hair huh? :)
1 comment:
Heather, hang in there, you are doing a great job, it will get better. One day you will be thinking back on this and wishing they were still small again.
Irma
Post a Comment