Whoo hoo for paternal leave!! This week Eric took his second week of PAID paternal leave! The first couple of days he and his dad did some outside work while I did some inside work. Then on Wednesday, we had lunch at Casa Ole and went to the park. The past few days have been absolutely beautiful! So we've been trying really hard to take advantage of the weather and let Mikaela romp outside and let Elijah simply enjoy the outside air.


The past two times we've been to the park now there have been slightly older girls (maybe 3 or 4) who have completely befriended Mikaela. Of course, Mikaela has loved that and ends up following them around the entire time as they tell her what to do and where to go :) She still won't follow them down the slide, but she's getting closer. We kind of have to force her hand at going down. I think she's just scared now b/c there have been a couple of times her feet have gotten stuck on the slide (b/c she refuses to pick them up :) ), and they end up getting all entangled around her body! Here are a few of our park pics!
In the tunnel with new friend
Going down the spiral slide
Hanging on for dear life--maybe I don't want to go down after all!
Ok--I'll go down this one.
Syke! Daddy's going to have to have to resort to pulling me down :)
Climbing the "rock" wall
Daddy helping with monkey bars
On the dragon tail steps
Mommy & Elijah swinging
Elijah in the Moby (front)
Elijah in the Moby (back)
All tuckered out!
I'm pooped too!
No comments:
Post a Comment