So yesterday, this little cutie gave me a big scare. We got to church and just when we were about to walk in for service Elijah started crying and then wailing. I was walking around with him, nursing him, taking him outside trying to see if he would calm down. This continued for about 20 minutes, at least. Finally, Eric came out, and I told him we needed to leave. At this point, I was kind of scared b/c he just never does this (not the crying part--the crying after he's been picked up part :) )--and this was pretty much continuous crying (and it wasn't a temper tantrum either :) ). Anyway, something was hurting him bad, and I was trying to figure out what we were going to do. We got in the car, and I knew there was no way he was getting into his carseat.
So I thought I'd try to nurse him to calm him down first--didn't work. I'd already been looking under his shirt to see if he had a rash or maybe something had bitten him--his cheeks were bright red. His shoes were getting in my way, so I took them off, and voila--he stopped crying almost immediately! Poor baby had had his foot shoved into his shoe in such a way that it was causing him immense pain :( (I won't say who shoved his foot into the shoe that way :) ) Needless to say, I think he'll be getting some shoes in the next size so his poor little toes aren't all crunched up!
Later on in the day, I told Mikaela we'd go get a surprise. So when Eric got home, we hopped in the car to go get snowcones. We were sitting at the table eating happily. Elijah was walking arout the benches and playing with the rocks, so, of course, Mikaela had to follow suit. So they're both walking around, Mikaela coming back every couple of minutes for another bite. Well, I hear, "Mommy, I need to go potty!" When I look at her, Mikaela has already pulled down her shorts, and has a bare bottom as she's already starting to pull down her underwear. Yes--she had a crowd to watch her too :) So I hurriedly tell her to wait, pull up her pants and take her to the potty in the car. Daddy was pretty horrified--I was trying not to laugh. Ah, innocence :)
No comments:
Post a Comment