Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Climbing and Independence

This little one is so cute and precious. He is starting to climb on more and more things--and he can even get down by himself! He even knows how to get off the couch and our big bed all by himself! I think he's going to remain in his crib for a while still! He is starting to take more and more steps and is standing quite often now w/o holding on. He can even stand and drink his milk now :) He's not consistent enough with the walking though for me to get a video :(
Something about turning 1 brings about this independence that wasn't there before. Elijah spoiled his mommy for about 3 months or so with really never pooping in his diaper. He'd just go when I put him on the potty. Well, I've cleaned out what feels like so many poopy diapers in the last month! Little man has decided that he doesn't usually want to sit on the potty when Mommy wants him to! I kind of remember Mikaela going through this phase--this is a phase that I hope passes quickly :) What happened to my little compliant boy?!

No comments: