Saturday, November 24, 2007

Black Friday (and Saturday)

Well--I don't know that I've ever really gone shopping on Black Friday with the intent of buying anything. But yesterday was a different story! Digression: {I have to take a little bit of time to brag on my wonderful husband. He got up around 5:30 a.m. to take me and our two little ones to go shopping--mainly for Mommy! He didn't rush me or anything and let me take my sweet time while he dealt with pushing the stroller around! The kids did wonderful too--they were happy the whole time and didn't fuss or cry or anything!}
You see, I've been wanting an SLR camera REALLY bad for quite a while now, and yesterday, Ritz had the right camera, and lots of other little (actually they were pretty big) freebies and goodies for the right price!! One of the freebies was 18 free photography classes that I get to take, so I'm excited to get started learning about photography and what all I can do with my new toy!


Another sort of surprise is that we got our first minivan today!! We've been kind of looking, just playing around, not really thinking we would be getting anything for another year or so. But once again, we found someone willing to give it to us for the right price!! It's a 2007 Toyota Sienna, and I am really going to enjoy having it. I feel so spoiled right now and am so grateful to the Lord for always providing us with everything we could possibly need and then some! I am most thankful though for how He was willing to die for me and give me the best gift I will ever have--eternal salvation. I hope I can use these two temporal gifts to bring glory and honor to His name.

3 comments:

The Bayse Family said...

I love them, I'm so happy for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

That's exciting!! Can't wait to see the pictures that will come from your camera! :)

Melissa said...

Hey the van looks nice, I bet it will be such a blessing to have with your little ones! And that is a wicked awesome camera! I am a HUGE Canon fan!