Thursday, July 17, 2008

Parties & Sickness

Well, poor little man had his first bout of sickness a week ago. He started out with a low-grade fever on Thursday. I figured he's just teething--no big deal. Well, on Friday, he started out ok, but then his fever gradually got higher and higher. I finally decided I should check his temperature--103.5!! Needless to say, he was even more clingy than normal and just wanted to be held :) On Saturday, he had a low-grade fever which dissipated by the end of the day. Sunday he appeared fine. Then on Monday morning I noticed this rash all over his tummy, back and neck and a tiny bit on his forehead! So I went to good ole Google which took me to good ole Dr. Sears :) He helped me to diagnose my little man as having had roseola, the only child virus where the rash appears after the fever has gone away. Fortunately, the Lord healed his little body quickly, and he's back to normal now :)

With Elijah being sick, I wasn't able to go to the build-a-bear party Mikaela had for a friend at church. So she went with some other friends and had a great time. In the picture to the left, she was all proud of herself for hanging all the babies and animals from her necklace so she didn't have to hold on to them :)




No comments: