Monday, March 31, 2008

My Growing Boy

Awww...my sweet little man turned 9 months yesterday! He's growing sooo fast! He's been crawling and exploring all over for a few weeks now. On Tuesday, I had him in the basket in the kitchen, and he actually pulled himself up to standing!! I had to hurry and hold the basket so it wouldn't tip over--so I think it may be the end of putting him in it :) He hasn't pulled up to standing since then, but he has been pulling up to his knees and holds on for dear life to whatever he's holding on to. He's finally figuring out how to also get himself back down, but if he's too tired he just hangs on and cries until he's rescued :)












He can go from happy to pitiful in a matter of seconds :) and can give the saddest, most dejected cry when he's told no or popped on his bottom or when he's frustrated b/c he can't do something :(

MJ and Elijah both LOVE to crawl on their Daddy! MJ was all over Eric, so Elijah decided to join them and crawl on his head :)
And I've put off writing about this part b/c last time he pooped the next day, BUT he's gone at least 7 weeks now (I'm starting to lose count) with only having 2 poopy diapers!! I really think he waits for me to put him on the potty. The second time I even think it really was an accident b/c MJ had been sick and had some diarrhea, and I think he may possibly have gotten a very slight case of it to where he just couldn't hold it in--it makes me feel better to go with that theory anyway :)



Many times, Elijah will be in this push-up position. Sometimes he even pushes his hands closer to his feet like he's trying to push his way up to standing! I guess he's starting his workouts early :)
MJ loves her brother, but she's still more like Elmira on Tiny Toons--I'll hug you and squeeze you and love you, ... (as the animals try to scramble away in fear of her) :)







1 comment:

The Dowdneys said...

those two kiddo's are adorable. We sure do love them and miss them!! I need to get with Elijah and have him show me how to do push-ups...it's been so long! :) DD