Well, my little sweetie cakes caught a bug this week :( She woke Monday morning at 5:30 throwing up. She didn't eat anything, so on Tuesday morning I tried to get her to eat some oatmeal--she told me she didn't want any, but I forced the issue anyway--shoulda listened to her :) And she just HAD to have some milk. Well, then it started coming out the other end :( But don't feel too bad for her--she still felt just fine to take toys away from "Lyshush," and get spankings for not obeying, and carry on with her various playing and changing clothes and so on... I thought that maybe she'd be over it by today. She's been holding down some food and even had a cup of milk this morning. But this afternoon, after downing 2 more cups of milk (yes, I know--but you don't understand how much she loves her milk), there it came again :( Oh well--I just hope this is the one "gift" she DOESN'T share with her brother!
She does have a couple of funnies I haven't told yet. The first one is one that I wasn't sure I wanted to tell or not--thought Eric was going to be a little upset with me :) But he thought it was funny and told me I should have recorded it--if I hadn't been so scared he was going to be upset with me, I would have! Anyway, the other day when I finished running, MJ wanted to walk/run (she likes to do that many times after I finish). I told her she was going to have to wait a minute (a response she gets pretty often, I admit) b/c I had to go to the potty first. As I'm getting off the treadmill, the thought crosses my mind to take out the key just in case she starts reaching up and pressing buttons--nah, she can't reach yet--plus, I told her to wait a minute, so she should obey me--right? Well, not long after being in the bathroom, I start hearing aha, aha, aha. Then it starts turning into a more consistent and prolonged whine. I wonder which baby got stuck in her stroller this time. As I get to the dining room (yes, the treadmill is in the dining room :) ), I see that she did indeed manage to get on the treadmill and press the start button. Fortunately it defaults by starting at 1.0, and fortunately, she's walked with me enough times to know how to hold on--she just couldn't get off :) I was kind of panicked b/c almost a year ago part of her shoulder, face and arm got stuck under the treadmill while I was going--it wasn't pretty--so this kind of made my heart stop for a second even though it was pretty funny at the same time. When I told Eric (yes, I'm terribly honest and tell him pretty much everything I'm allowed that I don't forget--is there such a thing as being "terribly" honest?), he thought it was funny--now I wish I would have recorded it. Oh well--I'm sure with this child there will be many more moments to capture :)
Then, a friend is letting us borrow the "Anne of Green Gables" series. So the other night, after watching some of it, it was time for bed. So I made MJ turn off the t.v. I thought she was being pouty b/c of that but then she flopped herself down on the floor and started fake crying. I asked her what was wrong. She said, "I sad." I asked her why she was sad, and she said, "I cwyin." I asked her why she was crying, and she said, "My heart is bwoken." That being the part she had just finished watching :) So she kept repeating that scene to me as I was putting her in bed. Who knows what kind of dreams this girl has--she seems like she's constantly acting out some part of something she's seen on t.v. or heard someone else say!
1 comment:
HI, Heather and Eric:
this is Jen from fort worth, we miss you guys, and it is so nice to see you family here.
Post a Comment