Monday, January 11, 2010

Gingerbread House

A friend gave us a gingerbread house kit, so at some point in the last week, I finally gave in and let Mikaela help me put it together. I knew it was going to be a messy project and wasn't really looking forward to it, but it was kind of fun. It actually wouldn't have been nearly as messy if I hadn't had to stop 2-3 times to take kiddos for potty breaks. We weren't able to hold the pieces together long enough for them to really seal and stay, so pieces kept sliding off. MJ and EM had great fun eating/putting on the candy :) Needless to say, by the end of it I was just ready to be done and gave up my silly idea of trying to make it look perfect. I think it would be a fun tradition to keep up though. Maybe we'll even branch out and make our own gingerbread in the future :)

No comments: