Today, the letter Mikaela was focusing on writing was a lowercase t, so there was a turtle on the back for us to talk about and color. After coloring, she asked me if she could name her turtle Tee-oder and informed me that it started with t like turtle. Well, she was adding a few more things to her picture--she usually gives the animals earrings and bracelets, etc :) but today, she wanted to color the ground magenta. She asked me what color it was, and I showed her where it was on the color and how to pronounce it. So a few minutes later, she that her turtle wasn't Tee-oder anymore, it was Magenta. She said her turtle (a girl) didn't like the name Tee-oder and wanted to be called Magenta instead :)
______________________
MJ had just read a story to me about Elijah being fed by the ravens--he'd had to run away b/c he was scared of the king. So she wanted to know who the king was; I told her his name was Ahab and that he was very evil, and Jezebel was his wife and that she was even more evil. So as I was making my bed, she kept telling me that we have a nice Jezebel--the baby that was just born out of her (MJ's) tummy. I pretty much forbid her to name her "child" Jezebel--she wasn't happy with me at all and kept telling me that this was a nice Jezebel, not an evil one. Sorry--I don't need any Jezebels in this house :)
______________________
MJ had just read a story to me about Elijah being fed by the ravens--he'd had to run away b/c he was scared of the king. So she wanted to know who the king was; I told her his name was Ahab and that he was very evil, and Jezebel was his wife and that she was even more evil. So as I was making my bed, she kept telling me that we have a nice Jezebel--the baby that was just born out of her (MJ's) tummy. I pretty much forbid her to name her "child" Jezebel--she wasn't happy with me at all and kept telling me that this was a nice Jezebel, not an evil one. Sorry--I don't need any Jezebels in this house :)
No comments:
Post a Comment