Thursday, September 17, 2009

Munchkin Funnies

Practically any time Elijah enters a room these days, he announces himself, "Ere I am!" He even walked in one morning first thing saying it, but there was no exclamation at that time of day :)

_________________

The other day Elijah was throwing cookie crumbs on the floor while I was in the kitchen. I heard Mikaela tell him, "Ewijah, don't throw stuff on the floor; Mama just vacuumed...and then she mopped!" That's my girl :)

_________________

Earlier in the day, I had taken some stuff out to the garge to file in our filing cabinet. Mikaela was hysterical b/c she thinks that any time I go outside I'm leaving her. Later she asked me, "Who was that man outside?" I said, "What man?" MJ: "The one outside with you." I was thinking maybe she'd seen our neighbor when I was outside, while at the same time I was trying to not freak out thinking that there was some man watching us or something. Me: "Where was he?" MJ: "In the garge with you!" At this point, I knew she was just pulling things out of her imagination :) But it really weirds me out when she does that--it's not the first time :)

__________________

Mikaela has done this for a while now--just haven't thought to write it down. You know how a lot of times when we (adults) are talking we'll say something like the followin, "I really need to go to the store, but..." or "I would take the kids outside to play, but..."

Well, Mikaela does the same thing, but hers sounds more like this: "I can't get down but." or "I'm just behind you but." It cracks me up :)

__________________

Here's Mikaela doing her magic and making Kerith laugh. I was watching the whole time, so no need to freak out that she could get hurt or something :)