Well, for about two weeks now, I can finally call Elijah officially potty-trained!! He started out telling me by signing "potty," but for the past two or three weeks now, he just says, "paw-ee," (potty). Part of the test is taking two long trips to Walmart without having any accidents :) So, what do I consider "trained?" Whenever he consistently is wearing underwear and telling me he has to go without going in his pants first. We do still wear a diaper during naptime and nighttime. To me, "trained" means during wake times :) And yesterday he even started pulling his underwear up and down on his own! Yes, there will still be accidents, but they are much further apart now. Now it's Kerith's turn :)
He has also started to take an interest in the alphabet (after many, many, many episodes of "Word World" on PBS :) ). He even knows quite a few of the lower case letters! I don't feel like I've really worked with him a whole lot on his letters. I guess it just means more when it comes from a talking pig, duck, ant, bear and sheep :)
Recently, he has started calling me "Mommy" rather than just Mama. It's pretty cute :) And in the last couple of days he's started saying "nope" instead of just "no." A couple of other things he's learned from MJ: the letter B is B-yuh, bye is bye-yuh, go-uh, o-wuh, no-wuh and so on :)
And a couple of the funniest things right now are when he says, "I re-ee!" (the first e being short--for "I'm ready") when we're in the car about to pull out of the garage :) and "I d it!" (I did it! after going to the potty or pulling up his pants, etc.).
No comments:
Post a Comment