Many nights when we put MJ and EM down for the night, Mikaela will talk/play in her bed for at least an hour. Well, seeing as how Elijah copies EVERYTHING Mikeala does, he talks and plays for awhile too. So tonight when I put them to bed, I told Mikaela that she needed to set a good example for Elijah and not be talking and playing. She said, "But my desk is just in front of me." I said, "Your desk?" "Yes, my pretend desk," she said.
I could see that the nightly "please set a good example for your brother" really wasn't going to work, so the Lord put something different on my mind to suggest to her. I told her that if she really had to talk that she needed to do so in her mind and not let any words come out of her mouth. I left for a couple of minutes to get them some water, and when I came back she said, "Mama, I was talking in my mind! Watch...(brief silence) see?!" I think she then proceeded to tell me what she said in her mind, but I couldn't hear her. They actually went to sleep within a few minutes :)
I could see that the nightly "please set a good example for your brother" really wasn't going to work, so the Lord put something different on my mind to suggest to her. I told her that if she really had to talk that she needed to do so in her mind and not let any words come out of her mouth. I left for a couple of minutes to get them some water, and when I came back she said, "Mama, I was talking in my mind! Watch...(brief silence) see?!" I think she then proceeded to tell me what she said in her mind, but I couldn't hear her. They actually went to sleep within a few minutes :)
No comments:
Post a Comment