Sunday, October 18, 2009

Munchkin Funnies

The other morning, Mikaela came up to me (as I was still trying to wake up) and started counting to 100. I was thinking, "Wow! This is kind of random." So, she's going, going, going, very quickly. I'm kind of half-heartedly listening at this point b/c I thought she was going to eventually stop and quit, but she kept going, and I'm pretty sure she got it all right w/o any help from me (I'd kind of zoned out on a tiny part of it). I gave her a very excited, "Yay! Good job!" and a hug. We've been working hard on this to get her not to stop at every 10. So I'm excited at this point and just still amazed that she did this w/o any prompting from me or anything. And she then says, "Can I have some milk now?!" Poor thing counted to 100 so I'd get up out of my chair and get her some milk :)
___________________

The other morning, I was in the bathroom and heard a thud from the kids' room...then the hard pitter patter of running into the living room. It was little man waking up. He came to me and said, "I jump-e off bed!" :)
___________________

The other day I was finishing up lunch or something in the dining room, and EM was in the living room. MJ finished and walked into the living room, and I heard her, very dramatically, say "Oh. my. gosh!" (to something Elijah had done that she thought was a big no-no) So I called her into the dining room and asked her if we're supposed to say that. She tells me no and has her head down and then looking at me but not saying anything. I knew she was trying to come up with some excuse as to why she had to say it. Finally, "Only Daddy can say that?" :) Too funny--he really doesn't even say it very much anymore, but these kids don't forget anything!

No comments: