Our sweet Mikaela Joycakies turned 4 years old today! I can't believe it's already been 4 years; it's good and bad--I enjoy seeing her new stages in life, but it would be nice if each year would just last a little longer :)
Some of our big goals with Mikaela this past year was to do LOTS of training, learning how to read, lots of Bible verses, counting, and quite a bit of other stuff that I just can't even think of right now. She's becoming quite the proficient reader (and speller, as I learned tonight when she started spelling all kinds of 3-letter-words for me and even a couple of longer words--I was kind of taken by surprise--pleasantly, of course--do we see years of Spelling Bees in our future??! :) )
As for today, MJ helped me make some chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast; she opened up a few more gifts that we didn't give her the day of the party; they played for a little while. Then it was off to a park in League City to take some birthday pics of my little princess :) Can't have a birthday w/o taking some pics, right? Well, it was pretty toasty outside, and she was only wanting to cooperate for about 15 mins anyway--perfect :) Then we stopped off at Sonic for a grilled cheese sandwich and slush and were off to the Millers' house (where the Browns are also staying right now). Poor MJ couldn't get it out of her head that all her friends weren't coming over today for her party, even though we kept telling her she already had her party--so we decided to take HER to some friends' house for a little while :) When we got home, another friend had left a little goodie bag on our door for her--what a nice surprise! She wanted pizza for dinner, so pizza it was. Overall, I think she had a fun day!
4 comments:
Wow, those are some really great pictures!! And her outfit is waaay cute! :)
Cute pictures! Happy birthday Mikaela!
Precious!! I'm shocked that you got so many smiles!! Good Job, Heather!
Heather, she is very beautiful!!
Melonie Mata-O'Bella
(from HHS-1995)
Post a Comment