Saturday, June 6, 2009

More From Mikaela

I had just gotten out of bed this morning. Elijah had already come in to tell me good morning, so Mikaela came in.

Me: Mikaela, did you stay in your bed all night like a big girl?
MJ: Actually, I was just scared. (she's started saying "actually" a lot--it cracks me up :))
Me: Why were you scared?
MJ: Well, Elijah just kept waking up, and he scared me.

I guess that means she slept some on the couch--not really sure :)
_________________________________

Mikaela has been reading lots of different books to me, and we've been watching some "Little House on the Prairie" episodes. In her little mind, she's always combining things we see on tv and what we read in her books and then acts them out with her animals or when she's talking to us. Tonight she told me, "My little brother, Arthur, fell out of the tree on his stomach." :)
_________________________________

Mikaela's been wanting Eric to get her plastic swimming pool out so they could swim in it. So today he finally did. When she saw what he was doing, she came to me very excitedly and said, "Mama, Daddy got the swimming pool out, and now I can go put on my pink swimsuit! Isn't that amazing?!" :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

"Isn't that amazing" oh man she cracks me up!