Ok--so I know this is coming kind of late, but it just takes time to do these kinds of things that I don't always have the energy to do at the end of the day :)
Mikaela, Elijah and I made a trip to College Station (and Hearne and Calvert :) ) June 8-14! Yes--you read that right--we were gone for an ENTIRE week (without Eric)! We had a good time. It's the first time since Matt's wedding last year that we've all been together at the same time. But this time we actually got to talk and really spend some time with each other. I got to talk to my newest SIL--really--for the first time, so that was good to get to know her a little better. And Mikaela seemed to have a lot of fun with her cousins whose pictures we look at all the time. She still wouldn't quite warm up to her uncles (unless they happened to be the only one around to get her a cup of milk or something :) ), but she had fun swimming and petting the kitty (ugh!)
I tried to put captions below some of the pictures to kind of tell the story of our time there. One day, my parents got a pool for the bigger kids and filled it up that night. Evan wated to get in, which meant other kids started getting in--you know, with their clothes on, but it was really just to get their feet wet. Well, Evan had other ideas :) He got ahold of the waterhose, and it was way more than just feet getting wet :) Mikaela FINALLY joined in on the fun and ended up having a good time.
When we got back home, Eric was glad to see us, but after a couple of days he said I left with Mikaela and came home with Amelia :) Just kidding--but he did say that I didn't come home with our little sweetiecakes :)
We gave my dad some frames filled with pictures taken from the week. One was the family pic we took at the very end of all the pictures. Overall, it was a very tiring week but fun at the same time. Oh--and Anna--next time, just let Daddy keep on doing his Sudoku :)
No comments:
Post a Comment