Many times in the past few weeks, when we're doing school and MJ is frustrated with me, she says, "I wish I was the mom and you were the child." :)
____________________
The song we typically sing to MJ at night is "The Old Rugged Cross." But recently she hasn't wanted me to sing the 3rd verse, which used to be the one she always requested. So I asked her why not?
MJ: "I don't want you to sing the bear one."
Me: "What do you mean?"
MJ: "Gladly bear--I don't want you to sing it."
Me: "But that's your favorite one."
MJ: "No, I don't want you to sing it; I've been having dreams about bears!"
I tried to explain about the "bear" part, but it didn't make any difference to her :)
_________________
MJ loves picking flowers for me outside so that I can put them on the table. Well, one day, as Eric was just getting home, she picked something for him. He wasn't real sure what it was, so he asked, "What is this?" She responded, "A weed." :)
She has since also picked flowers to take to Aunt Kelli and weeds for Uncle David. :)
__________________
On our way to our Bible study a couple of weeks ago, MJ asked what we were going to talk about that day. So I was telling her that we'd be talking about how Jesus was crucified and how that was done outside the city. I was trying to explain that many of the dirty, disgusting, waste-type things were taken outside the city, and that's how the Jewish leaders saw Jesus. So Elijah pipes up and asks, "Why Jesus stinky?"
________________
No comments:
Post a Comment