Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Mikaela Funny

Last week and this week, Mikaela's spelling words came from some things you'd find in the bathroom. One was "hand towel," and another was "toilet paper." Practically every day, when she'd write her words, she'd put an "l" after the "d" in hand towel and an "l" after the second "t" in toilet paper. I kept asking her why she was putting an "l" in those two words, but I never really got an answer from her. Finally, the other day, when I asked her, she said, "It's not an "l", it's a line! Because they're "pounding" words!"
We've also talked about compound words recently, and she had to draw a line between the two separate words :) I tried to explain that these aren't really compound words--they're just two words used together but still stay separated. She wasn't convinced :)

No comments: