Thursday, October 9, 2008

Blogging Hiatus

Well, I've taken a little break. It wasn't meant to be this long, but it all started with Ike and just hasn't picked up! So what's been going on? Well, for Ike, Eric boarded up, and we headed to Dallas. It only took us 9.5 hours this hurricane compared to almost 21 hours during Rita :) Fortunately, we didn't have any damage to our house or to Eric's car! It did look as if a tornado hit our property, but it's finally coming along. Our pump house was completely uprooted, which caused some damage to the pump, but Eric and his dad seemed to fix it fairly easily. A couple of the old barns that haven't been taken down yet were demolished, but hopefully we'll be compensated for that.

So Eric, the kids and I stayed at Kelli and David's from Thursday night until Sunday morning. Then Eric was anxious to get home to get started with cleaning up, so we met his parents in College Station. He went back with them, and the kids and I stayed with my parents for a week and got to visit a few more friends. Below are some pictures of our house and of the kids. I actually didn't take many pictures while we were gone this time--guess I was a little distracted :)

1 comment:

Colette Frazier said...

Glad you got a rest! Hope your visit to CS was fun. Crazy Ike pictures. Glad your house was ok.
xoxo